Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First round of Fundraising underway!

Oh my goodness!  Bruce made this planter box for our deck out of an old pallet (will try to upload the photo, but not promising...I'm not good at this blogging thing yet).  It turned out so cool...I LOVE it!  I immediately thought..."we need to sell some of these as an adoption fundraiser!"  So, off I went, posting on facebook and emailing friends/family.  We have a waiting list of 6 people wanting them so far, so we have been on the lookout for good old worn out pallets.  Just those six brings us nearly $300 closer to our Home from Haiti goal!  Yippee!  :)

We are also having a garage sale next weekend, and I will be digging through every nook and cranny of our house over the course of the next week to find items we no longer use.  The cool thing is:  we have other people donating things as well.  Just picked up the coolest ride-on stuffed horse that I'm sure will make Eden cry as it leaves our garage to its new home.  She is such a fan of horses, and this thing is nearly as tall as she is.  Thank-you, Carie, my friend, for your great donations!  :)

But the coolest thing ever...I was at Carie's house tonight for a 31 Party, and the consultant, whom I've never met before, asked me if I'd consider doing a fundraising show.  She offered to donate her commissions and turn the hostess gifts into cash (rather than product)!  How cool is that?  Someone I don't even know, offering to help us out...pretty cool, I must say!  Of course, I'm having a Norwex party already in a couple of days, so it will be a few months before we do the 31 thing.  But awesome, nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment